Re: OpenZFS support merged

From: Kurt Jaeger <pi_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 08:48:34 +0200
Hi!

> > > I caution against 'zpool upgrade' for the next few weeks.
> > > https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=364746

> > A system running r363767 can upgrade to some revision after r364746
> > and reboot and come up without big issues, running the new openzfs code ?
> > Or is some additional step required ?

> Barring some unusual configuration that no one else there should not be a
> problem. The only known issue of immediate concern (that was only raised a
> day or two ago :-/) is zfs delegation in poudriere.

This is my package builder box, where I also receive mail, so ... 8-}

> If you rely on that I'd say wait a couple days, otherwise proceed.

It has it's files on a ZPOOL.

How can I find if my poudriere uses zfs delegation ?

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/zfs-zfs-allow.html

says something about:

sysctl vfs.usermount

which returns 0 (so no usermounts) and:

zfs allow -l zroot/pou

which returns empty. So I guess I can upgrade.

--
pi_at_opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?