Re: git and the loss of revision numbers

From: monochrome <monochrome_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 22:12:44 -0500
this didn't seem to work, and now git is saying: You are not currently
on a branch.
since the incremental numbers aren't in the git log does it make more
sense to use the short hash like this? other different responses were
focused on the incremental commit number.
Also, I saw someone mention that a 12 digit shortened hash is the
standard to use, yet uname only spits out 9?
thanks