Re: Lockdown adaX numbers to allow booting ?

From: Kurt Jaeger <pi_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 11:37:45 +0100
Hi!

> > > You're probably looking for this:
> > > https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2011-March/011036.html
> >
> > Thanks, that looks like a very useful approach.
> >
> > Will test that when I'm in the housing facility, and report back.
>
> I tested it, no change 8-(

Update on this: I did an upgrade to 12.1p1 yesterday and the box
rebooted sucessfully without any manual intervention. The mapping
from /boot/device.hints is ignored, btw (it requested different adaX numbers).

The data pool:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        bck         ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada10   ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada2    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada3    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada13   ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada12   ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada11   ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada1    ONLINE       0     0     0

The boot pool:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zroot       ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada5p3  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada4p3  ONLINE       0     0     0

--
pi_at_opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?