Turn off PROFILE option and remove WITH_PROFILE after FreeBSD 13?

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 10:40:09 -0500
As far as I can tell most/all developers have used sampling-based
profiling for years (e.g. hwpmc on FreeBSD) and have not been using
gprof-based profiling.

Prompted by followup to a pkgbase tweak I committed relating to
profiling libraries[1] I propose following Brooks' suggestion:

* turn off the PROFILE option by default now, in advance of the
FreeBSD 13 branch (WITH_PROFILE will remain available)
* update the WITH_PROFILE description in src.conf(5) to mention that
it's deprecated
* remove support for WITH_PROFILE after FreeBSD 13 branches

Any comments on this plan? Does anyone use the -pg compiler flag and
the _p.a profiling library archives?

[1] https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-all/2020-January/192566.html