Re: Geli encryption issue on r362779

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 15:05:01 +0000
> On 2020-07-10 03:56, Toomas Soome wrote:
>>
>> ok, then next one is r363042. By nature it is an safeguard against read
>> past disk end.
>>
>> If that does not do, we really need to insert checkpoints in code and
>> see where exactly this reset will happen. Also note I
>> have https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25605 waiting in the queue.
>>
> I updated to r363042 and should complete building in a few hours.  I'll
> post the results when complete.

I updated my source to r363042 and the results on my laptop were a
little worse.  I tried to boot 5 times and none were successful.  All of
them killed the kernel and 4 left a stack trace.  I took a photograph of
the stack trace, if it is any help.  If you need the stack trace, let me
know where to post.  I don't think that this mailing list allows
attachments.

This is the same laptop that you helped me with a 'Geli Taste' issue a
few months ago.  That problem never went completely away but was
tolerable.  It only happens about once every 2 weeks instead of daily
and always boots on the second attempt.

Tom

--
Public Keys: