Re: "make installworld" fail r363660 -> r363689 (amd64)

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 17:45:32 -0700
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 07:14:26PM -0500, Kyle Evans wrote:
> > I finally just re-retried the "make installworld," and it succeeded.
> >

> To be clear, this was just a second installworld without rebuilding,
> correct?

Yes.  The most recent typescript from the build process on that machine
resides at
http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/freebeast.13_build_typescript.txt.

> If so, I'm going to amend the UPDATING to add:
>
> installworld may encounter the following error: Undefined symbol
> "regcomp_at_FBSD_1.6"
>
> It is imperative that you do not interrupt the installworld, but
> instead let it proceed to
> completion, whether it succeeds or not, and run installworld again.

OK.

I note that I did not change any configuration (e.g.,
/etc/{src{,-env},make}.conf) or anything else -- merely invoke a csh
alias that did:

setenv TMPDIR /tmp && \
id && \
mount && \
cd /usr/src && \
uname -aUK && \
date && \
mergemaster -U -u 0022 -p && \
date && \
rm -fr /usr/include.old && \
date && \
mv /usr/include{,.old} && \
date && \
rm -fr /usr/share/man && \
date && \
make installworld && \
date && \
mergemaster -F -U -u 0022 -i && \
date && \
make delete-old && \
date && \
df -k && \
gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot ada0s4

I rebooted the machine verbosely (which worked), then ran a csh
alias that did:

setenv TMPDIR /tmp && \
id && \
mount && \
cd /usr/src && \
uname -aUK && \
date && \
make delete-old-libs && \
cp /var/run/dmesg.boot /var/tmp/dmesg.boot.13.0-CURRENT && \
log_uname && \
date

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
"White fear has become the unalloyed rallying cry of Trump's bid for a