Re: Undeletable files after kyua test runs

From: Gordon Bergling <gbe_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 21:26:34 +0200
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 01:18:12PM -0600, Ian Lepore wrote:

> > >                ^^Only files          ^^ meaningless when chflags is
> > > given ONLY files
> > >
> > > You probably could of done:
> > > chflags -R 0 /tmp/
> >
> > Okay, I am currently working on an update for clear_tmp_enable="YES"
> > to include
> > a check like this. I would think that an rc option like this should
> > delete
> > everything in /tmp.
> >

> I disagree.  One of the few things those immutable flags are good for
> is protecting files from things like an rc script or other automation
> that deletes files.  Those flags are typically set and maintained by
> users and admins, and automation should not change them in order to
> delete files.
>
> The real fix we need is for the kyua tests to properly clean up after
> themselves, including fixing the flags on temporary files created or
> used by the tests, and then deleting them.
>
> -- Ian

A fix for the causing RC script was my first idea, but I had of course
the same idea that a kyua test could be fixed to not end in a state that
leads to file that has chflags set to a value that couldn't be deleted
by a job that is proposed to so.

I take this as a homework and look at the kyua scripts that created
those files.

--Gordon