Geli encryption issue on r362779

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:01:24 +0000
This is a repost to this list because of my submission email address did
not match the one on record.

==================================

I just upgraded a couple of computers from r362220 to r362779 and have
booting issue on my Core2 duo laptop with the passphrase unlocking the
encrypted partition.  If I type in the correct passphrase, my laptop
reboots.  If I type in an incorrect one, it prompts me to enter another
one.  On my i5 Skylake desktop, everything works as expected.  I had to
copy an older 'gptzfsboot' file from a distribution CD to allow me to
boot my laptop.

The Core2 duo doesn't have the hardware encryption feature and uses
software emulation of AESNI.  The i5 has the hardware encryption
feature.  Once I copied the old 'gptzfsboot' file to my laptop, it boots OK.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1