Re: HOWTO donate CPU to the fight against the Corona-virus

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 14:24:50 +0100
Quoting Jonathan Anderson <jonathan_at_freebsd.org> (from Fri, 20 Mar
2020 10:21:11 -0230):

> Hi all,
>
> Running this on a 12.1-STABLE system, I see a whole lot of this in
> /var/log/messages:
> fahclient[53019]: ^[[91m12:15:25:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Could not get
> an assignment^[[0m
>
> Is this because there temporarily isn't enough work to go around, or
> because more FreeBSD support is required on the work distribution end as
> well?

This means he was not able to download a work unit. This can either be
a network problem, or that the pool of WUs is depleted. At the WE when
I tried to get this working even my Windows Laptop didn't receive WUs.
Yesterday to today I got WUs non-stop (but it takes some hours to
process a WU... my dual-socket Xeon system processes a WU since
yesterday 11pm and is currently at 50% of the WU).

Be patient, they are adding WUs as fast as they can.

You can check in the forum for more info about this:
https://foldingforum.org/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=64ecf0e5c256f1bdbb767fcc8a2661c2

Bye,
Alexander.

--