Re: ${COMPILER_VERSION} < 40300

From: Eric van Gyzen <eric_at_vangyzen.net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 13:33:53 -0500
On 5/8/20 1:22 PM, John Baldwin wrote:
> I think Eric though was asking about <sys/cdefs.h> and the like.

Actually, I was asking about makefile conditions, but this is still a
good discussion to have.  I'm in a cleanup mood.

> (BTW, it would be good to know if it's at all useful to keep any of the
> icc bits around.)

Intel made a FreeBSD version of their 2016 compiler.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-system-studio-2016-for-freebsd.html

That uses Clang as a front-end, so maybe some of the old icc bits can
still go away.  I still have a copy of that compiler, so I can test
things as needed.

Eric