Re: r360902 breaks VLAN interface on if_em (82579LM)

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 00:39:41 +0300
Hello Ian,

> I noticed that my VLAN interfaces stopped working after a recent build.
> tcpdump showed traffic leaving leaving and entering the interface but no
> host on the network actually received any packets from this host.  A
> binary search led me to r360902 and indeed the following change fixed
> the issue for me:
 Problem is, this change will return terrible situation when adding new VLAN
will flap connection status.

 It all worked before iflib: hardware VLAN filtering worked, and
adding/removing new VLAN didn't cause link to flap.

 Now, with iflib, looks like we can not have all good things at once :(

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev_at_FreeBSD.org