Re: panic: VERIFY(ZFS_TEARDOWN_READ_HELD(zfsvfs)) failed

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 23:04:09 +0200
On 06/11/2020 22:58, Mateusz Guzik wrote:
> Note the underlying primitive was recently replaced.
>
> One immediate thing to check would be exact state of the lock.
> READ_HELD checks for reading only, fails if you have this
> write-locked, which is a plausible explanation if you are coming in
> from less likely codepath.
>
> iow what's the backtrace and can you print both rms->readers and
> rms->owner (+ curthread)

Unfortunately, I do not have a vmcore, only a picture of the screen.

ZFS code looks correct, the lock should be held in read mode, so indeed I
suspect that the problem is with rms.

It looks like rms_rlock() does not change rmslock::readers, but rms_rowned()
checks it?

That's just from a first, super-quick look at the code.

--
Andriy Gapon