Plans for git (was: Please check the current beta git conversions)

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 14:59:39 +1000
On Tuesday,  1 September 2020 at 13:14:10 -0400, Ed Maste wrote:
> We've been updating the svn-git converter and pushing out a new
> converted repo every two weeks, and are now approaching the time where
> we'd like to commit to the tree generated by the exporter,

Somehow I've missed this development.  Reading between the lines, it
seems that we're planning to move from svn to git, but I can't recall
seeing any announcement on the subject.  Can you give some background?
It would also be nice to find a HOWTO both for the migration and for
life with git.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.