Re: Please check the current beta git conversions

From: Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 20:58:35 +0200
On Wed, 2020-09-02 at 15:16:38 +0200, Olivier Certner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > 2.5 GB in .git directory sounds crazy and incomprehensible to me.
> >
> > 2.5GB is for the full history, if you only care about the main branch,
> > you can clone with:
> >
> > (snip)
>
> I do not reproduce this, but instead see `du` reporting 1.2GiB just after a
> simple clone (no options), which AFAIK contains the whole history.

That's correct, the repo size for src should be well under 2.0GiB but
could be larger locally if you still have unused refs as can still
happen with the conversion producing different commit hashes every once
in a while.

doc should be less than 500M and ports also under the 2GiB mark. It all
depends a bit on how good the repo was repacked, so I can only give
ballpark figures.

Cheers
Uli