Re: Plans for git

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 13:19:15 -0700
On 9/21/20 12:49 PM, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> On 2020-09-21, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net> wrote:
>
>> In my opinion the people which drive this didn't keep it behind
>> closed curtains, and they went step by step more public, as they
>> made progress.  To me it looks like now, that they have something
>> which is presentable to the world (and not only to committers),
>> they presented it to the world.
> Since I am one of the sad people who managed to miss all this public
> information, where can we find a summary of what's planned for the
> switch?

I believe the most detailed report on this was in the 2020-04 quarterly
status report:
https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2020-04-2020-06.html#Git-Migration-Working-Group

before this, work was mentioned in previous updates as part of the core
teams status update.  there is also the freebsd-git_at_ mailing list here:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-git/

i don't subscribe to that list personally but i have checked the
archives periodically when i have questions that pop up.

hope this helps,
-pete

--
Pete Wright