Re: Plans for git

From: Christian Weisgerber <naddy_at_mips.inka.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 21:55:00 -0000 (UTC)
On 2020-09-21, Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> I believe the most detailed report on this was in the 2020-04 quarterly
> status report:
> https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2020-04-2020-06.html#Git-Migration-Working-Group

I saw that at the time.  It basically says that the conversion of
the repository is feasible.

> there is also the freebsd-git_at_ mailing list here:
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-git/

Well, I was asking for a summary.

For instance, I don't know if the Git migration is merely a switch
of the version control system or what other changes will be layered
on top of it as a matter of course, e.g. will the development
infrastructure move to GitHub?  Don't answer that, just point me
to the information.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy_at_mips.inka.de