Re: Plans for git

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 20:50:37 +0200
Quoting Christian Weisgerber <naddy_at_mips.inka.de> (from Mon, 21 Sep
2020 21:55:00 -0000 (UTC)):

> Well, I was asking for a summary.
>
> For instance, I don't know if the Git migration is merely a switch
> of the version control system or what other changes will be layered
> on top of it as a matter of course, e.g. will the development
> infrastructure move to GitHub?  Don't answer that, just point me
> to the information.

I don't remember from where I got it... I haven't found it. Maybe in
an FreeBSD office hours session. At least it was mentioned (again)
yesterday in the FreeBSD Office hours.

Bye,
Alexander.

P.S.: phase 1 = switch of the internal repo to git, mirrored to github
and gitlab, and ... maybe others. Phase 2 = improve processes (may or
may not include use of external resources like github/gitlab/...).
--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander_at_Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF
http://www.FreeBSD.org    netchild_at_FreeBSD.org  : PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF