DRM and higher screen resolutions on older hardware for current/13-ALPHA3

From: George Michaelson <ggm_at_algebras.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 16:09:03 +1000
I have a Lenovo Edge 420 with the ATI/Radeon graphics card.

The "this .ko, that blob" thing is really confusing if you've been out
of the loop for a while, and with older hardwar (its 8+ year old
laptop) its not impossible its fallen off the curve of available .ko
drivers.

Anyone have any practical guidance to which radeon.ko I want to load?
Not seeing valid Xorg with any of them and finding 640x480 tiresome.

-G