Re: git non-time-sequential logs

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 17:51:22 +0000
--------
Alan Somers writes:

> I'll be more frank than phk: it sucks.  Git's commit dates are basically
> useless.

Git is not built as, or to be, version control.

Git is built to be distrbuted collaboration tool.

The designed-in version control aspect was always, and only, that
the ranting finish guy *by fiat* had the golden tree.

The fact that people, like us, dress git up and call it a VCS does
not wash the stripes of the tiger.

To me, personally, having a distributed collaboration tool has been
much more valuable than any "pure" or "real" VCS ever were.