Re: src: continued use of Subversion for getting updates

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 07:32:21 -0800
On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 10:23:56AM -0500, Frank Seltzer wrote:
> Is there a cookbook guide to converting to git from svn for people who just
> want to checkout source to buildworld and keep the ports tree up to date?

While it is not a cookbook, I wrote up what I do at
https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/repo-sync.html

Note that since 19 December, I switched from svn to git for sources, but
ports remains on svn (until March, IIRC).

Also, I have some (perceived) requirements that are unlikely to be
especially common; that said, I believe that it's easy enough to just
"not do" certain things.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              david_at_catwhisker.org
"I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage."

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.