Re: src: continued use of Subversion for getting updates

From: Dan Mack <mack_at_macktronics.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 09:32:36 -0600 (CST)
On Sat, 9 Jan 2021, Frank Seltzer wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 23:00:35 -0700
> Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com> wrote:
>
>> That would. I'll make sure something is written up, but it should exactly
>> like before.
>>
>> Warner
>
> Is there a cookbook guide to converting to git from svn for people who just
> want to checkout source to buildworld and keep the ports tree up to date?

I just do this assuming /usr/src is empty already:

  # cd /usr
  # git clone https://git.FreeBSD.org/src.git
  # cd /usr/src
  # git config pull.ff=only

Before each build:

  # git pull
  # make -j 8 buildworld >& /root/builds/world/`git rev-parse --short HEAD`
  # make -j 8 buildkernel ...
  # reboot

  # cd /usr/src
  # make installworld
  # mergemaster -iFU     /* need to start using an alt method for this */

  # reboot

works for me (tm)

Dan