Re: DRM problem installing kernel on main-c561-gc3e75b6c1

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 12:18:10 -0800
On 1/19/21 12:11 PM, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:40:04 -0800
> Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org> wrote:

>>> hrm, i'm not sure this is specifically an NFS issue.  I am
>>> building/installing locally on my workstation but am getting similar
>>> errors trying to load drm-devel-kmod's amdgpu mod.  at this point even
>>> uninstalling drm-devel-kmod, make installkernel, install
>>> drm-devel-kmod pkg results in the same problem.
>>>
>> forgot to include dmesg error:
>> KLD drm.ko: depends on linuxkpi_gplv2 - not available or version mismatch
>> linker_load_file: /boot/modules/drm.ko - unsupported file type
>> KLD amdgpu.ko: depends on drmn - not available or version mismatch
>> linker_load_file: /boot/modules/amdgpu.ko - unsupported file type
>>
>> -pete
>>
>> --
>> Pete Wright
>> pete_at_nomadlogic.org
>> _at_nomadlogicLA
>   Sound like you have an old linuxkpi_gplv2.ko in /boot/kernel/

Thanks Manu - so it looks like i don't have that file under
/boot/kernel/ but in /boot/modules instead:
$ find /boot/ -name '*linuxkpi*' -print
/boot/modules/linuxkpi_gplv2.ko
/boot/kernel/linuxkpi.ko
/boot/kernel.old/linuxkpi.ko
$ pkg which /boot/modules/linuxkpi_gplv2.ko
/boot/modules/linuxkpi_gplv2.ko was installed by package
drm-current-kmod-5.4.62.g20210118
$

above is after installing the current kmod to see if it behaved
differently than the devel one.

-pete

--
Pete Wright