Re: On 14-CURRENT: no ports options anymore?

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 15:48:53 -0800
On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 2:51 PM Dan Mahoney (Ports) <freebsd_at_gushi.org>
wrote:

> If this isn’t at least in /usr/ports/UPDATING it sure should be.
>
> -Dan

Ditto! While it did not take me long to discover that the ncurses shareable
had bumped the version, I wasted a lot of time rebuilding ports one by one.
At least a heads-up would have been nice. The way to do this is unclear,
though, as it was a base library update. I assume that it only bit those
running current or 13. Those running 13-STABLE, as I was, had no warning.
I'm not sure a note in UPDATING would have been appropriate, but a post to
stable_at_ and current_at_ would have been nice. Or, did I miss them?

This would also be made VERY clear in the 13.0 Release Notes. I suspect
installing misc/compat12x would have worked.
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com