Re: On 14-CURRENT: no ports options anymore?

From: Dan Mahoney (Ports) <"Dan>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 16:29:42 -0800
You mention release notes.  Slightly off-topic, but I never understood why, if there was a beta or RC available, the release-notes of the time weren’t available on www.freebsd.org <http://www.freebsd.org/>.

Wouldn’t that make sense to see if there were things you wanted to try out and test?

Anyway, more on topic, it seems that if one is on -CURRENT (or possibly -STABLE), you’re building from source, and should be expected to read UPDATING.  That much is on the site.  (But that would be /usr/src, not /usr/ports).

Did this happen mid-line in a stable?  That…shouldn’t.

-Dan