Re: 13.0-RC3 bison causes tputs SIGSEGV

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey_at_his.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 18:49:55 -0400
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 09:40:49PM +0200, Juraj Lutter wrote:

> > On 31 Mar 2021, at 15:53, Henric Jungheim <software_at_henric.org> wrote:
> >

> >> Knowing that would help me see whether the problem is faulty initialization
> >> from libtextstyle (i.e., the SCREEN pointer is null, making the path via
> >> the static structure), or some ifdef-combination in ncurses that I've
> >> neglected (i.e., a flaw in the pointer juggling).
>
> I’ve observed that the application in question calls:
>
>   /* Create the output styled stream.  */
>   pk_ostream =
>     (color_mode == color_html
>      ? html_styled_ostream_create (file_ostream_create (stdout),
>                                    style_file_name)
>      : styled_ostream_create (STDOUT_FILENO, "(stdout)",
>                               TTYCTL_AUTO, style_file_name));
>
> Does it make any difference?

I don't know yet.  I've been setting up a build for bison+libtextstyle
so that I can study it firsthand (and use valgrind, etc., to look for
problems).

That chunk is just the initialization, while the problem appears later.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey_at_invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net