Re: 13.0-RC3 bison causes tputs SIGSEGV

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey_at_his.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 19:54:09 -0400
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 06:49:55PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > I’ve observed that the application in question calls:
> >
> >   /* Create the output styled stream.  */
> >   pk_ostream =
> >     (color_mode == color_html
> >      ? html_styled_ostream_create (file_ostream_create (stdout),
> >                                    style_file_name)
> >      : styled_ostream_create (STDOUT_FILENO, "(stdout)",
> >                               TTYCTL_AUTO, style_file_name));
> >
> > Does it make any difference?
>
> I don't know yet.  I've been setting up a build for bison+libtextstyle
> so that I can study it firsthand (and use valgrind, etc., to look for
> problems).

...valgrind on Debian/testing (iirc, valgrind doesn't work with BSDs).

However, aside from the cgetent stuff, the terminfo part of my test-setup
matches what's in FreeBSD's build for ncurses.  valgrind finds nothing
amiss with the tests that I've done to exercise the libtextstyle code.
(address-sanitizer may).

By the way, ktruss could show what files are opened in your configuration,
and a log from that would tell me if it's reading via the termcap interface.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey_at_invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net