Re: INET6 in world

From: Harti Brandt <brandt_at_fokus.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:32:47 +0200 (CEST)
On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Bernd Walter wrote:

BW>On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 04:07:15PM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
BW>> Hi David,
BW>>
BW>> I've seen that several world daemons (rpcbind, telnetd, ...) are
BW>> build with INET6.
BW>> In real life, I do not know anyone who owns some IPv6 addresses
BW>> but many guys who disabled INET6 on their machines in kernel.
BW>
BW>You don't know me?
BW>Not to speak that each IPv4 address owner automaticaly owns IPv6
BW>space via 6to4 - see stf(4).
BW>It's already available for everyone - just enable and use it.

What's the sense of enabling and using IPv6, if your infrastucture
in the company doesn't support it (because of the overhead with routing
(hardware vs. software routing)) and you don't have an IPv6 connection to
the outside world. Well, you could ping localhost per IPv6...

harti
--
harti brandt,
http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private