Re: INET6 in world

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:16:01 -0700
> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:52:50 +0200
> From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> At 9:37 AM -0700 2003/08/05, David O'Brien wrote:
>
> >  Machanism, not policy.  I would also like to run with NO_INET6.  IPv6
> >  support has done nothing for me other than cause me problems.  I still
> >  strongly disagree with our ordering of localhost in /etc/hosts.  My
> >  system worked worlds better when I put the IPv4 localhost first.
>
> 	There is no IPv6 in this house, nor is there likely to be any
> time soon.  If I can't kill IPv6 from a configuration standpoint,
> I'll go ripping out the freakin' code, or I'll use an OS that gives
> me the option.

I may have missed part of this tread as I am on travel. Why is simply
not enabling ipv6 adequate? Note: I DO run IPv6 routinely when at
work, so I normally do have it enabled. I'd like to get an
understanding of what the issue might be. The point is clearly
strongly heald be some reasonably knowledgeable people.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)