Re: nfs tranfers hang in state getblck or nfsread

From: Pawel Worach <pawel.worach_at_telia.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:15:33 +0200
Alexander Leidinger wrote:

>In this configuration I see a lot of "nfs server ...: is not responding"
>and "nfs server ...: is alive again" when I copy large files (e.g. a CD
>image). All of them happen in the same second. I haven't looked at the
>state or priority of the cp process when this happens.

I have seen this too and i can reproduce it. I have a diskless client
and if i unplug the power
and boot it up again i see the "nfs server not responding" messages for
every filesystem being
mounted. Both client and server are of course FreeBSD-current, i have
seen this for about
four mounts now.

    - Pawel