Re: databases/mysql323-client fails to build

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:07:42 -0700

I just took a quick look, and the error message is probably
completely wrong.  I don't think this has anything to do with
numeric conversions.  Here's the relevant portion of config.log:

configure: program exited with status 139
configure: failed program was:
#line 16878 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>
typedef long long longlong;
main()
{
   longlong ll=1;
   float f;
   FILE *file=fopen("conftestval", "w");
   f = (float) ll;
   fprintf(file,"%g\n",f);
   close(file);
   exit (0);
}

If I understand correctly, status 139 is a signal 11 (SEGV)
with the core dump flag set.  Sounds like you've tripped over
a library bug.  It doesn't happen on my 5.1-RELEASE system, though.

Do you have the core dump file available?  (I think it's in /tmp,
but could be wrong.)  Could you send it to me?  I suspect that
updating your libc might correct this, but would like to verify
that.  I presume you built from source; do you happen to know the date?

If the file "conftestval" exists somewhere, send me that, too.

If you don't have a core file, copy and paste the above program
(you may also need to create confdefs.h, which is included at the
end of config.log), compile it with the following command, and try
running it.  Let us know what happens on your system:

cc -o conftest  -DDBUG_OFF -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro    conftest.c -lz
-lcrypt -lm  -pthread

Tim Kientzle