Re: 2 ports broken after gcc import

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:59:34 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Kenneth Culver wrote:

> > Just for more info, when was the last time you updated your /etc? on my
> > 4th -CURRENT machine, with the same compiler etc... I havn't updated my
> > /etc/ since June 1, and that machine works, the other 3 have been updated
> > very recently, like within the last few weeks, and they're all broken. So
> > I guess it's not a compiler issue, but some kind of configuration issue. I
> > can't think of what the problem could be though.
> >
> OK, checked over my kernel configurations and found that ACL's were in my
> kernel configuration. I took that option out and things are working again.
> I have no idea how ACL's could've caused what I was seeing, but everything
> is working now. Thanks for your help.

Bizarre.  I use ACLs in my kernel daily, and I use nmap almost daily, and
haven't seen this.  If you re-add ACLs with a fresh kernel build, does the
problem come back?  Could you look at ktraces of nmap with and without
ACLs and see what causes it?  Do you have ACLs enabled on any file
systems, or are you just running with the kernel option?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories