Re: 2 ports broken after gcc import

From: Kenneth Culver <culverk_at_yumyumyum.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:20:07 -0400 (EDT)
> Bizarre.  I use ACLs in my kernel daily, and I use nmap almost daily,
> and haven't seen this.  If you re-add ACLs with a fresh kernel build,
> does the problem come back?  Could you look at ktraces of nmap with and
> without ACLs and see what causes it?  Do you have ACLs enabled on any
> file systems, or are you just running with the kernel option?

Alright, it had nothing to do with ACL's. Unknown to me, someone got on
that machine and enabled the firewall, and added rules. Those rules were
causing the problem (I'm not sure why he added a firewall on a machine
already behind one on a 192.168.0.0/24 network). Anyway, sorry for wasting
peoples' time, I should've checked that first.

Ken