Re: 2 ports broken after gcc import

From: Kenneth Culver <culverk_at_yumyumyum.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
> Alright, it had nothing to do with ACL's. Unknown to me, someone got on
> that machine and enabled the firewall, and added rules. Those rules were
> causing the problem (I'm not sure why he added a firewall on a machine
> already behind one on a 192.168.0.0/24 network). Anyway, sorry for
> wasting peoples' time, I should've checked that first.

I figured out exactly which line caused this problem too, he added "flags
S" to the rule that allowed outgoing traffic, causing only the syn to be
allowed through the firewall, but breaking several other things, and he
did it at around the same time as the gcc import. Anyway, lesson learned.
Thanks for help whoever gave it.

Ken