ATAng - copying atapi CD

From: Bryan Liesner <bleez_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:56:24 -0400 (EDT)
I have a perl script that dd's each audio track from an audio cd.  The
tracks are copied just fine until it gets about 75% into a 70 minute
cd.  dd then gets slower and slower until it seems to grind to a halt.
eventually, I'll set TIMEOUT messages and won't be able to kill the
current dd process.   Same results with DMA or PIO modes.  Shorter
(40 minute) CDs make it through the process OK.

Soren's crdao 1.1.7 for ATAng also grinds to a halt when copying a cd.

= Bryan D. Liesner            LeezSoft Communications, Inc. =
=                             A subsidiary of LeezSoft Inc. =
= bleez_at_comcast.net           Home of the Gipper            =