Re: threading problems

From: Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:39:06 -0500
In the last episode (Sep 01), RMH said:
> Hello gentlemen,
>
> I seem to have threading problems with 5.1-RELEASE. Every time I run
> a multithreaded application (linked against libc_r) on a SMP system,
> I get only 1 CPU loaded at any moment given. I tried different

Correct.  libc_r is a userland threading library, which means that all
threads run as a single plain process.  Linuxthreads forks a new
process for each thread.  Try linking with -lkse or -lthr; both of
these threading libraries allow multiple threads to run simultaneously
on multiple CPUs.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson_at_allantgroup.com