RE: [acpi-jp 2851] Re: Compaq Presario 2105US ACPI = NO MOUSE

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:24:58 -0500 (EST)
On 05-Dec-2003 Nate Lawson wrote:
> My first order of business after 5.2R will be to import acpica 20031203.
> It has a lot of fixes in it that may take care of marginal AML.  After
> that, I'll be adding code to call _PSx on ACPI-attached devices (not PCI,
> that's in imp's tree).  This may initialize your hw properly.

Hey, I'd actually like some thoughts on the power stuff in the p4 power
tree.  I want to remove my cruft to just mess with _PSx since the
power resource code is much more mature and just use that from the PCI
drivers.  For that to work correctly however, we will need to perhaps
do a pass over the ACPI tree early on (before child PCI bus devices are
attached I think) that registers all the producers and consumers.

We also might want to fix the register functions to use _PSC if it
is available to determine the current power state and then add code
to power consumers on before we probe/attach them.  Note that with
the current power resource code, this would only call _PS0 if it
really needed to be called.