Re: logitech cordless optical mouse problems...

From: Jesse Guardiani <jesse_at_wingnet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:03:38 -0500
Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> This is the mouse
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=support/products/details&CRID=1792&contentid=5270&countryid=5&languageid=1
> This is the matrix
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=support/products/document&CRID=1792&contentid=4554&contentid2=5270&showalldocuments=0&countryid=5&languageid=1
>
> So this is the exact model...
> Cordless Optical Mouse(bundled with Cordless Navigator Duo?) M-RR67A
> CordlessOptical4
>
> This is the output you requested
> Controller /dev/usb0:
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>    uhub0
>   port 1 powered
>   port 2 addr 2: low speed, power 98 mA, config 1, USB Receiver(0xc505),
> Logitech(0x046d), rev 17.00
>     ukbd0
>     ums0

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but why is the ukbd driver attached
to a mouse device? Is the wireless base station capable of communicating
with a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse at the same time? Does anyone
else have a device like this that works properly?

Hopefully the above info will be enough to spark a developer's attention.
I'm personally not a kernel hacker yet.

> I tried the mouse in 4.9 and 5.2-RC2 and 5.2-CURRENT now. No luck!
> By the way, does your USB receiver have a PS/2 connecter too?

No. It has a USB->PS/2 dongle that I can attach to the end of the usb
cable if I want to use ps/2. I've never used the ps/2 functionality though
because I don't have a ps/2 port on my laptop.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,