Re: gcc-3.3 issues

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:12:10 +0200
On Friday 18 July 2003 17:37, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:33:58 -0500
>
> "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > I also recall lots of missing `typename's in the system headers that
> > were resolved in the actual GCC distribution.
> >
> > Alexander, do the STL headers et. al. get updated with the rest of the
> > compiler chain?
>
> Yes. But libstdc++ itself lags a bit behind GCC features. The reason why
> GCC ports are not reporting any errors is because by default GCC
> suppresses warnings from system headers, and C++ headers are considered
> system. We disable this suppression in imported compiler.

I guess the next question is whether this is fixable, maybe even by enabling
said supression, at least for a short while. It seems the better fix than to
go and remove -pedantic from all the helloworlds that may linger in the
ports-tree.

--
Michael Nottebrock \        KDE on FreeBSD    \            ,ww
                    \            ---           \   ,wWWCybaWW_)