Re: ACPI Regression in -CURRENT?

From: Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:38:18 -0700
Stijn Hoop wrote:
> This is due to the Dell laptops having an invalid ACPI table in the BIOS.
> The only way to avoid these messages is to tell FreeBSD ACPI to override
> the vendor supplied table with a correct one.

Alternately, since Microsoft works just peachy with this
thing, it's somewhat apparent that the Derefof() and Refof()
can be implied by the types of the values being passed, and
the ACPI table parsing code should be changed to work like
Microsoft's does, at least until FreeBSD displaces the 70%
marketshare and can dictate defacto implementation standards,
where Intel can't.

Yeah, I know that it's better to be correct than Microsoft
compatible, but it's also better to work with hardware as
shipped by vendors.

Unless you think you can get Dell to rev their BIOS...

-- Terry