Re: NFS weirdness...

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:27:48 +0100 (BST)
jle said:

> My new web server won't mount NFS from fstab on reboot.
>

> on NFSD: (/etc/exports)
> /home2           -maproot=0 -alldirs     httpd
>
> on HTTPD: (/etc/fstab)
> NFSD:/home2              /home           nfs     rw,bg           0       0
>
> <manually mounting works>
> mount NFSD:/home2 /home
>
> Works fine until I reboot. Shouldn't it mount by itself? What am I missing
> now? Why doesn't HTTPD mount NFSD:/home2 on /home when it reboots? I see
> no errors in messages on either machine. Both are 5.1-CURRENT.
>
> TIA

I had the same problem. I found it was due to named starting after the
mount was attempted and so it couldn't resolve the name of the nfs server.
I changed the fstab to the ip address instead and it worked fine. An
example from my fstab:

192.168.1.10:/usr/src   /usr/src        nfs     rw,soft,intr,nfsv3,tcp  0
     0

Give that a go.

Regards, Matt.

--
email: matt_at_xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.