Re: Floppy Support

From: Andy Sparrow <spadger_at_best.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 00:26:22 -0700
> Matthias Buelow wrote:
> > I might also add that there are probably quite a few of us
> > who've always been using scsi cdroms, also to keep the machine
> > ide-free... and that pc bioses often have extreme trouble booting
> > from scsi cdroms, if at all (I've never seen a PC myself where
> > this worked), so the only option is floppies, or netboot.
>
> You need to buy Adaptec controllers; they can boot CDROMs.

All my AT mobo 586's boot just fine off Tekram 390's (Symbios, as was)
controllers with Plextor CDs. I like 2940's just fine (and still own a
few), but the Tekram cards were about 25% of the price...

The Award BIOS on the mobos specifically has an option to re-order the
booting from SCSI devices before/after IDE drives and/or a floppy.

Cheers,

AS