Floppy Support

From: Peter Schultz <peter_at_jocose.org>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 11:34:57 -0500
Is floppy support a bad crutch for FreeBSD?  With the constant fight to
squeeze data onto the floppies and CD burners selling for as low as $30,
one would think so.

I was a fan of the floppies until it became impossible to use them with
JPSNAPs.  It would be good to have basic fixit floppies I think, but the
install flops should be retired.  They were brilliant for their time,
but I think those days are behind us.

How many people are still doing floppy installs, is there any idea?

Sincerely,
Pete...