RE: HP ProLiant DL360G3 rebuttal... ;-)

From: Cagle, John (ISS-Houston) <"Cagle,>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:54:10 -0500
First of all, thank you to everone for their responses on this topic.  I had no intention of instigating such a long thread when I sent the first email, and I apologize that this post is off topic for -current.

That said, I guess this would be a good time to let the cat out of the bag:

Over the past 6 months, we (the HP ProLiant software team) have been working with Peter Wemm and Paul Saab to develop a basic ProLiant health driver for FreeBSD.  The new driver leverages portions of our Unix and Linux health drivers.  We will be making this available soon to the larger FreeBSD community as a beta test.  The driver will not be officially supported or warrantied by HP, but we will do our best to make sure it works and is useful.  I will send an email to -current to announce its availability.

Thanks again to Peter and Paul.  Without their help this would not have been possible!

Please send any followup questions directly to my email address.

Thanks,
John
John Cagle     john.cagle_at_hp.com
Principal Member Technical Staff