Re: man(1) oddity - was: HEADS UP: bzip2(1) compression for manpages...

From: Daniel C. Sobral <dcs_at_tcoip.com.br>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:53:49 -0300
Andy Farkas wrote:

> Arrghh. Why you not believe me when I have proved the user experience is
> different between 4.x and 5.x ?????

He isn't denying that. He's just claiming these 10 seconds are not a
result of the man page being catpaged. Or, in other words, that the
"Formatting page, please wait..." message is *not* there because of
those 10 seconds wait, but for something else that actually takes no
time at all.

I do have a question... on these examples, does the cat page exist or
not, for each? And what happens in the other case (ie, if the cat page
does not exist in these examples, what happens when it does exist)?

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs_at_newsguy.com
	dcs_at_freebsd.org
	capo_at_notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

You have the capacity to learn from mistakes.  You'll learn a lot
today.