Re: 40% slowdown with dynamic /bin/sh

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:55:05 -0800
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 03:07:55PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> What about the newer version of gcc? That is considerably slower than
> previous versions, but I don't see people screaming to have it removed.

Uh... you must not know what you are talking about.  GCC *COMPILES*
slower as it does a better job of optimizing (which adds time to the
compiling time).  The produced optimzied binaries have quicker
*RUN-TIME*s.

Why would any one want to call for a compiler to be removed that produces
faster binaries??