USB Keyboard questions

From: Peter <freebsd_at_psam.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:10:56 +0200
Hi

I have been trying to install FreeBSD 5.1 with a Logitech USB
keyboard. But I have been unable to do that since it looks like
FreeBSD 5.1 doesnt recognize the keyboard when it hasnt loaded the
kernel. I then tried to install FreeBSD 4.8 and it worked like a charm
with the USB keyboard.

My first question is; Why isnt there support for a USB Keyboard during
the installation of FreeBSD 5.1 and during the boot up process as
well? I am unable to use it in the boot screen of FreeBSD 5.1.

My second question is; I have been able to get the usb keyboard
working in FreeBSD after help in the question mailing list, but when I
use it I tend to every now and then get the same character again, this
happens most often when im typing fast. I gues this is common knowledg
but since Im new in current and new to using USB Keyboard in FreeBSD
and I havent found much searching in Google. Is there a way to stop it
or is it a bug in the USB source for FreeBSD, or just me. Mostly
intrested in the status of this.

Im running FreeBSD 5.1 release #0 with Generic kernel.
Motherboard: Abit KD7
CPU: AMD Baraton
Keyboard: Logitech cordless comfort

With regards