Re: Question related to FreeBSD Serial Console...

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:58:08 -0600
Scott M. Likens wrote:
> I have a question related to FreeBSD Serial console,
>
> I am aware you can use -Dh for both internal and serial, but is it
> possible to see the 'kernel' "boot" messages sent on both the serial and
> the console?
>
> It was a question that was asked to me by a client, and after
> researching it more, it seems that it's not possible.
>
> Am i wrong?  or did I miss an option that's not documented?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Scott M. Likens

I'm a little confused by your request, but maybe adding the following
line to /boot/loader.conf will get what you want?

console="comconsole"

There is also a way to get the console directed to both the video and
serial at the same time, but I've forgotten the magic and can't find it
at the moment.

Scott