Re: 5.2-RELEASE TODO -2

From: Nicole <nicole_at_daemontech.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:29:09 -0700 (PDT)
On 02-Sep-03 Unnamed Administration sources reported Doug Barton said :
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Nicole wrote:
>
>>  It just drives me crazy when important things get broken and people
>> act like..  What the big deal. I don't need it why should you?
>
> You're certainly free to draw that conclusion, however you'd be
> mistaken. There are times when adding new features means that things
> change. That's life in a volunteer project. If this isn't to your
> liking, feel free to move on, or get to work restoring functionality
> that you think is important. Either way, you need to dial down the
> rhetoric quite a bit if you expect people to help you.

 Sorry I didn't mean to be so "testy" I guess would discribe it. It's an old
issue for me. Every so often I try asking for help with it, and its usually the
response I get :(  So you are correct. I am infolving old feelings etc when I
shoudl not be. Sorry.

>>  I still have not solved the going to comsonsole mode if there is no
>> keyboard detected crap, new "feature".  Yea great for those who could
>> benifit from it.. But I have YET to have one person be able to show me
>> how to STOP it from doing that.
>
> Remove the 0x01 flag from the atkbd0 line in your kernel config.

 I will give that a shot. Thats certainly different than abyone else has
suggested.  In my 5.1 system I see this in my .hints file. So I assume I edit
it there or do I treat it like a defaults file and import and change in in my
config file?

 Thanks for the assist !

 Nicole