inetd unknown rpc/udp or rpc/tcp

From: Nick H. - Network Operations <nickh_at_supportteam.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:12:53 -0500
Recently I have been trying to get inetd to start on a server of mine and it
prints the following error in dmesg:

Sep  2 23:09:18 iso inetd[703]: unknown rpc/udp or rpc/tcp

There is nothing but ftp turned on in the inetd.conf (turn ftp off, same
error).  I have tried google, yet it's not returning anything worthwhile.
(groups, /bsd and /linux)  If anyone has had this issue and knows of a
workaround, I'd love to hear about it.  It's running a recent RELENG_5_1
world/kernel and there's nothing really out of place anywhere else.  Im
going to try to build/install world one more time on this box and see what
happens, but Im not expecting any changes.

Regards,
Nick H.
nickh_at_supportteam.net