Re: config(8) KERNEL setting

From: Daniel C. Sobral <dcs_at_tcoip.com.br>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:38:11 -0300
Doug White wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, John Birrell wrote:
>

>>however kern.post.mk only uses KERNEL_KO, so even though config(8) has
>>set KERNEL for me, that name only gets used for the boot directory.
>>There doesn't seem to be any way of getting KERNEL_KO set from the
>>kernel config file.
>

> If you change the name of the kernel binary itself, loader won't be able
> to find it.  By renaming the /boot directory it goes into it is Doing the
> Right Thing.

Huh?

kernel="kernel"         # /boot sub-directory containing kernel and modules
bootfile="kernel"       # Kernel name (possibly absolute path)

I note that loader.conf(5) is completely out of date in this regard.
What can I say? I'm lazy. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs_at_newsguy.com
	dcs_at_freebsd.org
	capo_at_notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

She stood on the tracks
Waving her arms
Leading me to that third rail shock
Quick as a wink
She changed her mind

She gave me a night
That's all it was
What will it take until I stop
Kidding myself
Wasting my time

There's nothing else I can do
'Cause I'm doing it all for Leyna
I don't want anyone new
'Cause I'm living it all for Leyna
There's nothing in it for you
'Cause I'm giving it all to Leyna
		-- Billy Joel, "All for Leyna" (Glass Houses)